Our church – St. Jude – concluded a 3 evening Parish Mission on Tuesday night and it was a great way to begin Lent.
Fr. Ron Hoye is an amazing presenter and his joy and passion for life and our faith is contagious. His reminders of what our faith should look like were an inspiration to the packed church he spoke to each night.
A few reminders (in no particular order and not complete)
- To be a disciple of Christ I should serve God with joy AND enthusiasm
- God wants my heart and my hunger for him
- God wants me to be happy!
- You’ll never find in the Bible verses that say, “I came so you could barely get by”.
- Why did Jesus come? John 10:10 says, “I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly.”
- Is what I’m doing putting a smile of the face of Jesus? Even if I’m not doing it ‘perfectly’?
- Gratitude – for 25 days take a moment to write down 3 things and tape them to my bathroom mirror. As the sticky notes increase, marvel at all for which there is to be thankful. (no repeats)
- Sunflowers follow the sun throughout the day – always turning towards the light. Jesus is the sun – keep turning my face towards him.
- The longer meat marinates the more flavor it takes on. It becomes more tender. Spending more time with Jesus helps to soften me and make me more like Him.
- God Moment App – random reminders throughout the day to stop and say, “Thank you, Jesus.”
www.parishmissions.org – serious, funny, inspiring, thought-provoking Vincentian Priests spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ to all ages.