Today is Earth Day – Google said it so it must be true. I did a bunch of extra-but-ordinary tasks. Did they make a difference in the protection of this beautiful planet? I don’t know. However, they were pleasant and I enjoyed the slow-paced-yet-steady busyness of the day.
In honor of the day I did the following:
- Picked lavender and hung it up to dry.
- Picked lettuce from my garden and prepared a delicious side dish for dinner.
- Wrestled a snake from Sparky the hunter cat. Okay – maybe I didn’t actually wrestle it since it was already dead, and maybe it has nothing to do with Earth Day but I did it and I was relatively calm the whole time. I’d like some points for that.
- Added material to my makeshift compost pile, gave everything a good turning (it smelled so good!), flung up a second snake, still didn’t scream.
- Went to watch my grandson, Kolbe, play touch football.
All in all, it’s been a nice day.
Happy Earth Day!
3 thoughts on “Earth Day 2019”
I will gladly give you points for “wrestling” a snake from your cat and staying calm while doing so😂
Thank you – I’ll take them. I love our cat – he’s awesome but he LOVES to hunt! 🙂
What a wonderful earthy day!